086 100 2257
Health & Safety is of the utmost importance to Thorn. Both the client’s as well as that of our employees. Thorn Painting Solutions is represented by PURE SAFETY (Pty) Ltd. as their Occupational Health & Safety Consultants on all their painting projects.
We are committed to the concept of hiring CAREER PAINTERS and believe in the dignity and importance of our employees as individuals. A major part of that commitment is the prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses among our teams as well as to our customers. Thus, we have integrated health & safety procedures into each job task, so that performance on the job can only be evaluated in relation to safe practices on the job.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Ongoing education and training for painters and supervisors about injury-and-illness prevention procedures using Toolbox Talks.
- Provision of personal safety equipment such as safety boots, hardhats, dust masks, etc.
- Provision and maintenance of safety-approved occupational equipment such as ladders, scaffolding and similar equipment
- An active self-inspection program to assure ongoing compliance with approved health & safety procedures
- Managerial commitment that health & safety procedures are never secondary to production requirements
- Using materials and procedures to protect the environment, our customers, and our employees